Schedule a Consultation There are numerous treatments that are available, which can effectively remove symptomatic hemorrhoids. While topical products may reduce the discomfort connected with this condition, they will not really remove the problem. If you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids, you may need to undergo a hemorrhoid removal procedure.
- These procedures can be done right at a doctor's office or at a special clinic that handles hemorrhoid removing.
- While most can be done on an outpatient basis, more serious surgeries may include being admitted into a hospital.
- Let's look at all of the methods that can be used for hemorrhoid removal.
- Banding - This is a common method that has been used for many years.
- A small band is placed around the hemorrhoid very tightly.
- This cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid and it will begin to shrivel.
- After a few days, it will fall off and also the patient can get on with the recovery process.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and it will always be quite effective.
Piles Hemorrhoids Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Visit http://www.24remedy.com/hemorrhoids/hemorrhoid-treatment/ For Piles Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids (Piles) are commonly caused by straining while having ...
Infrared Coagulation (IRC)
This technique uses infrared light, which is used to be able to coagulate the small vessels found in a hemorrhoid, and so could be very useful in smaller as well as less serious cases. This is generally done in an office or even an outpatient clinic, and is accompanied by minimal discomfort.
The unusual circumstance when less invasive steps are inadequate to control a patient's symptoms, a surgical procedure may be needed. These are more included procedures, and are generally accompanied by more pain and disability, so they ought to be reserved for only the most serious cases. Make sure that you talk about the risks and benefits of these procedures with your physician prior to consenting to one of these surgical procedures.
Harmonic Scalpel Treatments
This type of hemorrhoid removal makes use of a special scalpel that works with ultrasound waves. The particular scalpel is used to be able to remove the hemorrhoid and the blood vessels are automatically cauterized. This is considered to be an almost bloodless procedure and is typically recommended for large hemorrhoids or perhaps for those that are very painful.
This is very similar to harmonic scalpel treatments, but in this case, an actual laser beam is going to be targeted on the hemorrhoid. This sort of hemorrhoid removal is growing in popularity, and is very effective. The laserlight automatically cauterizes the area, and also the nerves are going to be sealed away as well. This system may be accompanied by a bit less pain than the typical surgical hemorrhoidectomy.
Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
This technique utilizes a special stapling device that cuts through the involved vessels, and staples the tissue back together again. This also is associated with a bit less pain compared to a conventional hemorrhoidectomy, and is becoming more popular with many surgeons.
- Excising - An actual surgery of your hemorrhoid may be necessary..
- The hemorrhoid is cut away and the blood vessels are tied off.
- This procedure is actually a bit more painful than other types of hemorrhoid removal and also the recovery time may be longer.
- However, it is very effective.
For those that need to seek hemorrhoid elimination, it may be recommended to get a colon cancer screening (colonoscopy) as well. These types of studies can help a doctor determine if there is an underlying cause for repeated hemorrhoid flare ups.