Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter treatment, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for dealing with treatment plans.
- Other non-surgical treatment options include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the actual medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the ones referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested in order to defecate just before injecting the particular sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is actually strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's usefulness.
- The area to be taken care of is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Injected to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not totally pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is really an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and drive you home.
One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is the fact that the results are quick even if it is cheaper than other treatments. The inflammation would diminish fast. One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected. The hemorrhoids will come out of the body through the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to older people suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, injecting liquids to the veins does not require a lot strength and also excellent health.
Of Course, Any Treatment Have Their Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is handled. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It can't be used for very large painful problematic veins or third degree piles, too. Aside from that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for thrombus. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The situation may come back after a year or so.
Cure Hemorrhoids At home Safely While not a delightful subject for conversation around the dinner table, hemroids are an uncomfortable, itchy and painful affliction for millions of people all over the world. There are a few simple steps that can be done at home to help correct...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can't be administered to those who have some other inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To learn about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
Hemorrhoids Treatment, How to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids, Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids, How to Treat
Hemorrhoids Treatment: These are *All the Real Proven Ways to Get Rid of Hemorrhoids You Actually Need to Know Right Now Today... 1. 0:18 How to Get Rid ...
For French visit http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com With regard to Italian go to http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Go to Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.